Sandra A. Sinicropi, LCSW

   Individual and Couples Therapy

                     55 Park Street

                 Montclair, NJ  


Therapists have many different levels of training and come from varying academic orientations.  In order to practice privately, therapists must have graduate degrees in either Social Work, Psychology, Medicine, Theology, Counseling and Education or a degree in Marital and Family therapy.  Therapists can also practice with or without post-graduate training.   

I have a Masters degree in Social Work and a post-graduate certification in Contemporary Psychoanalysis from the Institute for Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy of New Jersey  Early in my career I was also trained in family systems and cognitive behavioral therapy.  

Overview of  Treatment

  1. *Individual therapy:  Increase self-understanding in order to work through a problem or an issue that negatively impacts your ability to work, love or play. 

Couple therapyAssist you with improving communication to share thoughts and feelings, and increase levels of intimacy to have a more meaningful and mutually satisfying relationship.

*   Parenting consultation:  Assist you in teaching your child self-discipline, self-respect and how to communicate effectively. 

*   Substance use counseling and therapy Assist you in understanding your relationship with alcohol/other drugs and what to do about it.

*   General therapy:  Related to depression, anxiety, trauma/abuse, sexual problems, co-dependency issues, phobias, eating, or obsessive/compulsive behavior.